Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Week 16-Post 2: Most favorite, least favorite thing about Class

Favorite thing about this class was that it was mainly online most of the time so it made it possible for me to take this class to fit to my already busy schedule. My favorite thing about this class is that most of the work was done through daily blogs and the questions really made you thing on how to apply reasoning and examples to show that one understands the concepts in comm 41. Another favorite thing is that the Richard Epstein text of Critical thinking really explain the concepts very well as well as the group communication book. The least favorite thing about this class is that one has to wait 12 hours every time to post a new blog up to blogpost website. Sometimes that is stressful because you have to wait 12 hours to post every blog up. Another least favorite thing was that I felt that there some issues with group projects even though I worked well with my group. Sometimes its hard getting all five people in the group to find a time to meet in person where everyone can make it to get organize and start planning for the project. Almost everyone has a busy schedule and in sense taking this online class because it's more convenient for there schedules. This class can improve by having no restrictions on the blog post and perhaps an alternative to group projects.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I agree with you both of your like and dislike about this class. In fact I think you and I have pretty much the same opinion about this course. I like how we can post our blogs anytime of the week until Saturday. I also agree that the 12 hour wait between each blog can be stressful sometime especially when you have to do it last minute. Group projects were a pain for me as well due to the fact that it was hard to organize it. The members in my group also had busy schedules where we had to arrange mostly last group meeting. Anyway great post, see you at finals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello hello!! I also agree with the reasons why you liked this class. Being able to do our class work in the comfort of my own home and on my own time made my life a lot easier since I was able to do everything whenever I wanted too. whether it be during the afternoon or at 3 in the morning. Having a week long window to finish up our assignments is probably the best thing about this class. I also didn't like the blog restriction time either but I believe the reason why there is a 12 hour restriction time is so it stops people like me from doing everything last minute. I actually think it is a good thing that there is a 12 hour time restriction because if everyone did their blog post last minute, it would almost be impossible for us to fulfill our 3 comment requirement.

    ReplyDelete